MICROPIGMENTATION IS NOT FOR CLIENTS WHO ARE:
- Pregnant or Nursing
- Undergoing Chemotherapy (Consult with your doctor)
- Viral infections (diseases)
- Had Botox within a 4 week period of appointment
- Had an organ transplant
- Sick with a cold or flu-like virus
- Used Accutane in the past 12 months.
- Stop using any skin thinners (Vitamin A, glycolic acids, exfoliation) on the brow area 2 weeks prior to your appointment.
- If you tint your brows, tint them at least one week prior to the procedure.
- Cosmetic botox or fillers should be done 4 weeks prior and shouldn’t be done until completely healed after the follow up session.
- DO NOT consume alcohol, caffeine or take any blood thinners (aspirin, ibuprofen, Niacin 48 hours before your procedure, this will cause excess bleeding and may affect your results).
- You may come in with how you normally draw in your brows so I can see what you are used to. My brow designs are very natural looking and I customize each brow to personally suit you and your face shape.
- You may experience hypersensitivity and more pain around or during your menstrual cycle. We will NOT be able to tattoo over any blemishes, sores, and moles in or around the brow area.
EYEBROW AFTER CARE
AFTER CARE IS CRUCIAL, IT IS VERY IMPORTANT TO FOLLOW THESE INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE FULL HEALING PERIOD TO ENSURE PROPER HEALING AND COLOR RETENTION. RESULTS WILL VARY FOR ALL INDIVIDUALS AND WE CAN NOT GUARANTEE YOUR RESULTS.
- Wash within 4 hrs of the procedure. Make sure to wash them with brow soap given to you OUTSIDE of the shower GENTLY with cold water.
- Only cleanse GENTLY in the direction of the hair growth, NO circles or hard rubbing! Rinse LIGHTLY with cold water and PAT dry with a clean paper towel.
- Wash brows AM & PM for 10 days. Apply the healing cream after each brow wash and make sure they’re COMPLETELY dry before applying the healing cream.
- Keep DRY otherwise! (NO shower, water, sauna, hot tub, lake, ocean, and NO SWEATING) until completely healed. Meaning no scabbing or flaking left which can be 7-14 days.
- Clients still need to keep dry in the shower, do not face the shower head directly or take steamy hot showers. This will cause the pores to open and scabs to soften, so to be cautious NO STEAMY HOT SHOWERS. Void having shampoo and conditioner running down the face bc it can cause discoloration in the pigment.
- Do NOT pick, scratch, pull, or rub scabs! Avoid sleeping on your face.
- NO direct sun exposure for 2 weeks
- NO anti-aging or acne products on them ever, this will cause fading very quickly! This is anything with chemical exfoliants such as Retinol, Glycolic acids, Salicylic acids, etc. basically anything that lightens, tightens, or brightens.
- NO makeup, lotion, or face wash on them until completely healed.
- Use the healing cream 2 x’s a day (AM & PM) for DRY skin and 1 x’s a day (PM) for OILY skin for days 7. You may also use the healing cream 2 to 3 times throughout the day if the brows are tight and dry.
- The KEY to proper healing is to follow the instructions given.
WHAT TO EXPECT
- DO NOT expect your brow tattoos to heal perfectly after the first session. This is a 2 step process and it takes time. BE PATIENT during your healing process as your brows will change and appear different from day to day.
- Immediately after your procedure, your brows will appear bold and more defined as this is due to the oxidation process and will lighten as they heal. Your brow tattoo can appear more solid, and the hair strokes may seem to disappear and it may look wet and painted on. But this is all a part of the process and will lighten.
- Around days 4-5 you will experience flaking and your brows may look dry. DO NOT PICK your brows, let any dryness fall off naturally. If flakes gets picked off prematurely missing hair stokes will result and cause patchy brows which can lead to scarring.
- Your brow tattoo will take up to 6 weeks to fully heal under the skin. When the flaking comes off the hair strokes may seem faint this is because a fresh layer of skin has healed over the brow tattoo. Give your brows a few weeks and the hair strokes will become clearer. Color will continue to change on a daily basis until all healing is complete around the 6 week mark.
- You may experience itchiness in the brows after your procedure due to the healing process of the dermal layer.
- Not everyones hairstoke brows will heal clean and crisp. Hairstrokes on oilier skin types tend to heal more solid and powdery while drier skin types tend to heal more crisp and defined. Also for those who bleed more may tend to need more touchups as the blood pushes the pigment out while we tattoo.
THINGS NOT TO DO
- DO NOT expose your brows to the sun during the healing process. UV Rays can alter the pigment of your tattoo. Following aftercare once healed from the 2nd appointment, SPF is important for the longevity your micropigmentation.
- DO NOT sweat excessively for 10 days. Sweat contains salt and can infect and prematurely fade your brow tattoo. Salt in the sweat may also alter the color of your tattoo.
- DO NOT use Vaseline on your tattoo.
- DO NOT use any makeup, creams, exfoliants on the brows for 10 days.
- DO NOT go into sauna’s, pools, and steam rooms.
- DO NOT get massages or facials or skin treatments during the healing process.
- DO NOT go tanning, UV rays can alter the color of your tattoo.
- DO NOT use exfoliants, retinol acids, or AHA’s on the brow area. It will fade your tattoo prematurely.
- DO NOT use laser light therapy on your brow tattoo. This can darken, lighten, and distort the pigment.
FOLLOW UP APPOINTMENTS
- We have to allow your brows a MINIMUM of 6 weeks to heal before booking a follow up. This gives the skin time to heal and allow for better retention. It’s takes a full 4 weeks for the color to settle.
- B SHEA VANITY will book your follow up appointment at the end of your initial procedure appointment. Please keep the high demand in mind when booking as the follow up appointment has to be 6-8 weeks from the initial procedure. If the follow up appointment is outside of the 6-8 week mark from the initial procedure, additional charges will apply.
- It is your responsibility to book your touch up appointments. Please keep the high demand in mind. If your tattoo comes back too faded additional charges may apply.
- Follow ups are typically done within 6-8 weeks after the initial appointment.
This is a 2 (and sometimes even 3 depending on ones skin and healing) step process.
The first session is used to build shape and gain symmetry.
The second session is used to perfect the brows and add density.
This is a process and some clients may need multiple sessions to achieve their desired result.
Do not expect perfect results after the first session.
Darker skin and oily skin women, permanent makeup will not look as bold or sharp compared to lighter, dryer skin type clients.
Some client’s skin may have a harder time retaining pigment and may require additional sessions.
LONG TERM CARE
- THERE IS NO GUARANTEE OF RESULTS as everyone’s result will vary due to skin type, lifestyle and the initial aftercare and longterm care of your brow tattoo.
- Use at least SPF 50 to protect your brows (once completely healed from the follow up session) sun exposure will cause fading and can alter the color of your tattoo.
- Do not use chemical exfoliants on the brows, this will case the brows to fade faster.
- Do not do laser your brow area (IPL etc), some lasers can and will change the color of the pigment.
- As the tattoo fades the strokes will get fainter and less defined.
- Maintenance is required to maintain desired results. Touchups are done on average every 12- 24 months to maintain you brow tattoo.
- Hairstroke brows typically last 1-5 years.